Ben Easton – TUV Certified Functional Safety Expert
- MSc in Engineering (Merit)– Process Safety and Loss Prevention
- BSc (Hons) 2:1 – Disaster Management, Teesside University
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Member of the Institute of Engineering Technology (MIET)
- TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Expert SIS, PH&RA (299/19)
- IET System Safety Committee Executive Member
- IET Professional Registration Mentor
- British Representative ISO/TC67/WG4 for ISO/TR 12489 - Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries — Reliability modelling and calculation of safety systems
- British Representative IEC 63270 Industrial Automation equipment and systems – Predictive Maintenance
- BSI GEL/065/05: Devices and integration in enterprise systems
- EUR ING – FEANI
- ISA Cybersecurity Expert – (28849764)
Summary of Experience
Ben is a TÜV Certified Functional Safety Expert (FS Expert (TÜV Rheinland, # 299/19, SIS, PH&RA)) with over 15 years’ experience on projects within the UK and internationally (including Australia, Canada, Dubai and Europe).
He studied for his first degree at Teesside University and for his master’s degree in Process Safety and Loss Prevention at Sheffield University, where he now guest lectures on the module for Functional Safety. He is a Chartered Engineer and a Member of the IET.
He has worked within the pharmaceutical, oil and gas, agri-chemical, renewable energies and defence industrial sectors.
He is currently a Principal Safety Consultant at ProSalus Limited leading a variety of projects for blue chip clients in the UK and overseas including Functional safety assessment and Functional safety capability assessments. Ben has been instrumental in collating and gathering evidence for Clients to present to the both regulatory and verification bodies.
Ben has presented papers at Conferences and Seminars including:
- Institute of Measurement and Control FS2016: The Impact of Imperfect Proof Testing
- SISCon 2020 (TUV Rheinland – Singapore) – Impact of Imperfect Proof Testing
- 31th European Safety and Reliability Conference (ESREL 2020) – Impact of Imperfect Proof Testing
- Developing a simple technique to calculate consistent and credible values for Independent Protection Layers, Conditional Modifiers, human error probability and probability of ignition to be utilised within LOPA in the Process Industries. Sheffield University MSc – 2016.
- The Impact of Imperfect Proof Testing – 2016.
- Methods for Calculating Probability of Ignition for the use in LOPA – 2017.
- Methods for Calculating Human Error Probability for the use in LOPA – 2017.
- Case Study on the assessment of the Functional Safety Capability Review for an Emergency Release Coupling on a Marine Loading Arm – 2017.
- Methodology for compliance to illustrating compliance with BS EN 61508:2010 route 3S – 2018.
Meet our Team
Colin Easton has an international reputation for the provision of consultancy and training services...
All our courses can be tailored to your specific needs. Please get in touch and we can begin designing your course.
Get in Touch
To book an In House course or for more information on any of our courses please get in touch...