Colin Easton - Principal Functional Safety Consultant
Founder of Easton Functional Safety Training and Services (EFSTAS) Ltd and ProSalus Ltd
Accredited TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Senior Expert ID 145/09 for Process Hazard & Risk Analysis and Safety Instrumented Systems & Functional Safety of Machinery.
- Master of Science in Engineering - Process Safety & Loss Prevention (UoS)
- Post graduate Certificate in Safety Critical System Engineering (UoY)
TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Senior Expert ID 145/09
CASS Registered Functional Safety Assessor
Fellow of the Institute of Measurement and Control (FInstMC),
Member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET),
Member of the Energy Institute,
Senior Member of ISA,
Associate of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors,
Registered Functional Safety Engineer (InstMC)
Reliability & Functional Safety Engineer (Technis)
IEC 62443 – Cyber Security Expert (ISA)
Member of BSI GEL65 1 & 2 Standards Committee
Summary of experience
Colin has an international reputation for the provision of consultancy and training services mainly to the process industry sector, assisting clients to meet their legislative, regulatory, environment and safety obligations. He has in excess of 30 years of safety-related experience gained in Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Power, Pharmaceutical, Fine Chemical and Carbon Capture and Storage. Since 1997 he has carried out consultancy assignments for Blue Chip Oil and Gas, Power Station and Chemical Plant Operators and provides advice and services to the majority of Consultants and EPCs.
Colin has presented papers at Conferences and Seminars including:
- TUV Rheinland – Symposium 2018 – Security Risk Assessment
- ISA Automation Instrumentation Summit, Pavia – Just how vulnerable is your safety system?
- Functional Safety Copenhagen 2017 - Functional Safety from the Bathroom to the Moon and back
- Hazard Ex 2016 – Functional Safety Applied to Ageing Assets
- Functional Safety Copenhagen 2015 - Responsibilities in Functional Safety Management a systematic approach
- TÜV Rheinland – 10th International Symposium 2011 – The Application of the LOPA Technique in the Process Industries
- TÜV Rheinland –International Symposium China 2011 – Safety Integrity Verification and Validation of a HIPPS to IEC 61511
- IDC Safety Conference Manchester 2011 – Operational Functional Safety Management
- HazardEx 2011 – Assessing Functional Safety Management Systems
- TÜV Rheinland – 9th International Symposium 2010 – Functional Safety Gap Analysis & FSM
- HazardEx 2009 – Verification of Legacy Systems
- ISA Conference Calgary 2008 - Verifying legacy systems: A European perspective
- IDC Power Cables & Switch Gear Conference 2008 - Assessment of the Safety Integrity of Electrical Protection Systems in the Petrochemical Industry
- IET SIL Determination (software tools) Seminar – Identifying Safeguards through correct application of HAZOP – 5/4/05
- Yokogawa Seminar (Brands Hatch EJX launch) 2004: Development & future of IEC61508
- InstMC Manchester 2001 – Applying SIL Determination to IEC 61508
- The Application of the LOPA Technique in the Process Industries, Dissertation – Sheffield University MSc
- Safety Integrity Verification of Legacy Systems – Measurement & Control, Volume 42/ 6 July 2009
- Internal Briefing Note: Safety Integrity Verification of a Re-Injection Wells HIPPS
- Briefing Note: Risk Criteria for SIL Assessments 23rd February 2009
- Briefing Note: Legal Requirements for Safety Related Systems with respect to Emissions Reduction projects 9th December 2008
- Verifying legacy systems: A European perspective – ISA Intech November 2008
- Assessment of the Safety Integrity of Electrical Protection Systems in the Petrochemical Industry IDC Technologies - Power Cables and Switchgear Conference 2008
- Implementation of Safety Systems in the Pharmaceutical Industry. – SIPI Paper April 2004.
Meet our Team
Colin Easton has an international reputation for the provision of consultancy and training services...
All our courses can be tailored to your specific needs. Please get in touch and we can begin designing your course.
Get in Touch
To book an In House course or for more information on any of our courses please get in touch...