TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Program
The TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Program is the only globally recognised Functional Safety extended vocational training program where knowledge and competencies are approved by a third neutral party and certification is registered.
TÜV Rheinland worked with national and international companies and experts in the Functional Safety profession to establish the program in in 2004. Over 20,000 engineers have participated the program and are certified as "Functional Safety Engineer (TÜV Rheinland)".
Engineers and persons working in the field of Functional Safety can participate in the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Program to update and enhance their knowledge in the following areas:
- Safety Instrumented Systems
- HW/SW Design acc. to IEC 61508
- Functional Safety of Machinery
- Automotive - System Design acc. to ISO 26262 and IEC 61508
- Process Hazard and Risk Analysis
- Cyber Security (CySec)
Eligibility requirements exist to enable participants to achieve FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) certification and full details can be accessed here
A current list of certified Functional Safety Engineers (TÜV Rheinland) can be accessed here
TÜV Rheinland ensures that the program maintains exceptional standards of quality and compliance and has assessed all course providers within the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Program.
All trainers in the program are FS Experts (TÜV Rheinland) and must have:
- In excess of ten years practical experience in Functional Safety
- An Engineering Degree or equivalent engineer responsibilities certified by employer
- Proof of participation as a speaker at conferences, symposia and over events
- Proof of participation and involvement in related standards or committees
- Proof of engagement as a trainer or knowledge disseminator in Functional Safety
A FS Senior Expert (TÜV Rheinland) delivers the majority of TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Program certified courses and workshops provided by EFSTAS Ltd.
Meet our Team
Colin Easton has an international reputation for the provision of consultancy and training services...
All our courses can be tailored to your specific needs. Please get in touch and we can begin designing your course.
Get in Touch
To book an In House course or for more information on any of our courses please get in touch...